Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WARNING. THIS POST IS FOR THE GEEKY AT HEART.











Fangirling.

I am fairly certain that wasn't what J. K. Rowling was talking about when she wrote that scene, but it is an incredibly accurate description of falling for a new fandom. Or re-discovering one I already love.




I love books, I fall between the pages and swim between the lines, drinking in as much as I can of new worlds and magic that can only be found in the aged pages of books.

My floor is overflowing with books, comics and journals as I try to frantically find more space on my bookshelf. Normal people would probably stop buying books at this point... But I work in a bookstore and they are my drug.









My fandoms have grown from, "Oh yeah, I like that." to "ASHDAISHFD" I can't even talk about how much I love that.








Doctor Who.

Merlin.

Loki. (He gets his own fandom because I love him so very much.)

Harry Potter.

LOTR.

Star Trek.

Chronicles of Narnia.

Game of Thrones. (Have I mentioned I am Daenerys? Cause I totally am.... )

Hannibal.

Grimm.

Charmed.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


My heart is being pulled in so many different beautiful directions, and yet I am always oh so willing to dive into a new adventure with new characters. I love connecting to new friends, and discovering new things about books and myself through the words penned down by talented authors.

I sometimes can't even speak because these fandoms have taught me so much.

Some people might laugh, or think this is silly. But I literally grew up watching and reading most of these incredible stories. And I always had something to go to, not only for escapism, but as teachers. I learned valuable lessons on morals and to never give up on my dreams.

These stories helped shape who I am, and are continuing to do so as I fall in love with them over and over again as the years go by. (Uhh, what does Hannibal say bout me then...? )I always see something new, or understand something that I didn't before and like a light going off in my head and in my heart I am living in this exciting world of a million possibilities.

I like fantasy because it teaches us to never give up, on ourselves or on others. It teaches us to be patient, to be kind, to always smile even though you don't really want to. It teaches us that you have to work for the things you want in life and that even though tragedy may strike, there is always going to be a rainstorm before a rainbow and you can make it out on top.


As I am going through the editing process of my book, I am letting old friends take my by the hand and pull my head first into their worlds. Showing me that no matter how much time passes, or things change, there is always going to be a place for me by their side.

I hope everyone is staying warm in this chilly weather!

I m going to go watch Game of Thrones and drink hot cider!

LLAP my friends.


Lexi <3


3 comments:

Jordan Dane said...

I totally get this. I share many of your geekdoms. I'm making it my personal mission to get you to add SLEEPY HOLLOW on your list. Ha!

Sechin Tower said...

I'm envious that "fangirl" is a verb. There's no such thing as "fanboying" even though I do it, too!

Jordan Dane said...

#FanStud - "poof," now you're a hashtag.