Friday, April 12, 2013

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye...

by Michelle Gagnon

Hi everyone-

When Jordan Dane first approached me about starting up a YA blog, I was ecstatic. First of all, I love partnering with Jordan; she's been my counterpart on another blog, The Kill Zone, for a few years now, and she's a consummate pro whose posts on the craft of writing have always inspired me.  Plus she was assembling a group of terrific YA authors, and I got the chance to discover them and their work. Being part of Adrenaline has been such a great experience.

Unfortunately, this will be my final post. Over the past five years, I've gone through a series of personal struggles that have changed my life irrevocably (mostly for the better, but it was a long and winding road getting there!) My career has undergone tremendous turmoil. I went from fearing that I would never get another book contract, to suddenly finding myself committed to writing three books in a year (a good problem to have, but still--overwhelming). I'm the single parent of a young child, which is immensely rewarding, but also time consuming. My daily obligations are such that something invariably always seems to fall by the wayside; too many plates spinning simultaneously, as the saying goes. In order to stay true to the spirit of this blog, I want to make sure that Adrenaline does not become the plate that I drop. Which means that it's time for me to step aside.
I'll miss you all--but will be stopping by regularly, as a commenter this time. 
Side note: I released a Young Adult standalone thriller this past Tuesday with SoHo Press. It's called STRANGELETS, and marks a departure for me. I credit both of my blogs with pushing me out of my comfort zone--so many of the posts here have expanded my horizons as a writer, and convinced me to challenge myself. So this is my first attempt at true world building, in a dystopian alternate universe. I hope you'll consider giving it a read.
And I do hope to stop in occasionally with guest posts, if they'll still have me! 
Best,
Michelle

1 comment:

Jordan Dane said...

I will miss you, Michelle. Lots. You HAVE been through a lot and have also seen a great deal of success as a writer too. I'm very proud of you. Thanks for your contributions to ADR3 and I'm looking forward to reading STRANGELETS. I hear it's AMAZING. You will always have an open door here.