Monday, June 17, 2013

Bored

By Dan Haring

Lately I've been feeling a bit like this:


Work has been pretty slow, and I'm kind of in a holding pattern on my current WIPs while I wait for notes, so my mind has been flitting around, distracted by pretty much any shiny thing I lay eyes on. Believe it or not, there's only so much web surfing you can do, so each day has a fair amount of this in it:


I really just need to start working on something new and pour all my effort into it. But it seems like as soon as I start, work is going to get busy and I'm going to get notes back and the new project will have to be put on the back burner and I'll feel like this:


But I guess it's better than doing nothing at all. I mean, there's only so many times I can watch stuff like this.


 (but I have to admit the number is surprisingly high.) So tomorrow I'll be starting up on an old WIP and seeing where I can take it. At the very least I'll be able to exercise my brain a bit more, and I might even finish the story.

2 comments:

Jordan Dane said...

You crack me up. Love this post, Dan. I know that feeling of waiting. I go through writing withdrawals if I don't have something cooking.

I recently dove into an older WIP. I rarely set one aside, especially at 60,000 words, but I had to. It was tough to get into it. Note to self: NEVER stop in the middle of a police procedural!!! But I finished it and liked how It turned out. It was particularly satisfying because I stuck with it, even when it felt like I was butting my head against a wall in the middle of it.

Good luck on reviving your WIP. That's got to feel better than chasing balloons, no matter how shiny they are.

Sechin Tower said...

Those are hilarious!

Thanks for sharing, Dan!